This is the fourth and final episode of my mini-series on all things spending. And today, we’re discussing something that comes up for so many people, and they don’t even realize it’s happening: overspending on gifts from a place of people pleasing.
This is something that tends to get amplified around the Holidays, but it’s a problem I see in my clients all year round when things like weddings and birthdays arise. And people pleasing is an area so many people, especially women, struggle with. So, what can we do about it?
Tune in this week to see if you’re spending on gifts for other people from a place of people pleasing. People pleasing plays into so many things when it comes to money, but I’m sharing why spending from this energy is such a problem, why we feel the need to buy expensive gifts for the wrong reasons, and how to put all of this into perspective so you can stop overspending from this emotional space.
If you're ready to take control of your money and practice medicine on your terms, you need to check out Money for Women Physicians. Click here to learn more!
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why we are so prone to people-pleasing tendencies, and the conditioning that contributes to our people pleasing.
- How to see those times where you’re overspending from a people-pleasing energy.
- What is happening in your brain when you feel obligated to overspend on a gift for someone.
- How to start honoring what you truly want and put your own needs and desires first.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Learn more about Money for Women Physicians where you’ll learn the tools to create wealth.
- Follow me on Instagram
- Brooke Castillo