44 million borrowers owe over $1.5 trillion as of 2019. And we know medical school loans are especially high. So how do you take off some of the pressure? Look for better interest rates! If you live near First Republic Bank, you can use them to refinance for a better student loan rate. Here's how I took advantage of what First Republic Bank offers and how you can do the same, plus snag $200!
How to Refinance with First Republic Bank
First things first. Check your location. Do you live in one of the cities marked above?
- New York City
- Greenwich, CT
- Portland, OR
- Palm Beach, FL
- Various cities in Northern and Southern Calfornia
If you live in one of the locations from the map above AND
you have high-interest student loans, keep reading. You may be eligible for the lowest
rates in student loan refinancing.
First Republic Bank
student loan refinancing in 5, 7, 10, and 15-year terms. I snagged 2.25%
in early 2017.
These are currently the lowest
rates you will find for student loan refinancing. Last year, they offered 1.95% for the 5-year term!
Plus, as my readers, you can snag a $200 bonus once you're approved.
OK, so what's the catch?
- Live near a physical branch.
- Meet their salary requirements and may need a certain % of your debt liquid in your main checking account.
- Open a checking account with them and use it as your main checking. That means your main source of income must be direct deposited there.
- Maintain a minimum balance of $3,500 a month and you must auto-debit the loan payment from this account.
- Pass a credit check.
Also, remember that this becomes a private loan
and will not
be forgiven at death or total disability like federal loans. Of course, this is not a concern. Or it shouldn't be. I mean, are you really planning on dying before your loans are paid off? If this truly worries you, make sure you have enough term life insurance
to cover this. I do.
More Considerations When You Refinance with First Republic Bank
- The minimum loan is $40,000 and the maximum is $300,000.
- Their checking account refunds ATM fees!
- They will refund you up to 2% of paid interest if you pay back the loan in 2 years!
- If you get approved for this loan but move away from a physical branch, this does not affect the loan as long as you keep your primary checking account with them.
How Do I Get Started?
This is an amazing
deal if you meet their requirements. If you're ready to take the plunge, contact Kerry Berchtold
at kberchtold at firstrepublic dot com or 339-235-0419.
Don’t forget to mention Miss Bonnie MD to get your $200
once you’re approved!
Final Thoughts on Refinancing with First Republic Bank
In March 2017, First Republic Bank approved my refinance! I chose the 5-year term at 2.25% fixed for $88,000 of my loans. My strategy was to”force” myself into a 5-year repayment, since I do my best financially when things are automated.
If you're ready to tackle your student loans and you want to refinance to lower your interest rates, reach out to First Republic Bank today.]]>