Fair warning: I don’t feel like an expert on today’s topic. And to be completely honest, I feel a little hesitant even talking about it. But I also know that’s why I need to talk about it because while I don’t know everything there is to know about it, it is still incredibly important to me. And that is the wealth gap for women of color, particularly Black and Latina women.
It’s been a journey for me to learn more about this and become aware of just how financially marginalized Black women are. Being an ally isn’t achieved just by listening to a podcast, or even asking about firsthand experiences. It’s a journey, and I’m sharing what I’ve learned on today’s episode and providing some education for those who may not be aware.
Tune in this week to discover some of the ways that women of color are marginalized when it comes to money that you may never have even heard. I’m sharing the double whammy of history and socialization that women of color are dealt at birth, and why it’s up to all of us to educate others so we can change things.
If you're ready to take control of your money and practice medicine on your terms, you need to check out Money for Women Physicians. Click here to learn more!
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- The double whammy women of color are dealing with around money.
- Why so many people have difficulty in discussions around how our financial system impacts women of color.
- How the racial wealth gap still persists, even for well-educated women of color.
- Why we need to be willing to be wrong in order to have these important conversations.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Learn more about Money for Women Physicians where you'll learn the tools to make practicing medicine OPTIONAL.
- Follow me on Instagra