I recently discovered something that’s changed my life, so I know it’s going to help so many of you as well. I had to be willing to look at a money habit that I’ve been avoiding for a while now: my spending. I’ve struggled with my spending my whole adult life. Despite my income increasing over the past 20 years, I still felt like I couldn’t get ahead.
How many of you believe that when you’re earning more, your money problems will just disappear? I know I did, and I often speak to women earning six figures who think the same. We think we need to spend less, but the truth is, it isn’t necessarily about the numbers, or even avoiding spending more than you earn. It’s about what you want to create.
Tune in this week to discover the truth about overspending. I’ve spoken about spending and overspending before, but I recently had some deeper insights into this area. So I’m sharing a new way to calculate if you’re overspending and what to do if you’ve been ignoring your spending for fear of what you might uncover.
Save the date for Sunday, November 13th, 2022 because I’m running a money planning workshop called Make Your 2023 Money Plan! If you want financial freedom and a plan that will pave your way there, click here to claim your spot!
To celebrate this podcast surpassing 200K downloads, we are giving away a few fun prizes! To enter the giveaway, write this podcast a review wherever you listen and email us to let us know you’ve done that or DM me on Instagram!
Learn more about Live Wealthy, an exclusive coaching program designed for successful women who want to be confident.... and be rich.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why I avoided really looking at my spending for so many years.
- How I’ve processed my thoughts and shame around being an over-spender.
- Why spending isn’t a bad thing, as long as you do it consciously.
- How to know whether you’re overspending.
- Why shame doesn’t help you change a habit like overspending.
- Where the feeling of over-desire comes from.
- How to address your overspending and your thoughts about it, so you can create a richer future.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Follow me on Instagram
- YNAB: You Need a Budget
- 17: How to Stop Overspending
- 26: Budgeting
- 80: How Do You Think About Spending?
- 81: How to Stop Emotionally Overspending