We’ve talked about the subject of debt here on the podcast before, but I want to take a deeper dive and discuss debt in the context of the self-coaching model. A lot of people believe that the self-coaching model doesn’t apply to topics like money. But it absolutely does and I want to show you how to apply it today.
I hear so many people saying their debt is like a monkey on their back, and once it’s gone and paid off, then they will feel better. But the truth is, our level of debt is completely neutral. And instead of beating ourselves up about it, there are so many more productive ways we can think about debt and actually make it work for us.
Join me on the podcast this week to discover how to use the self-coaching model to reframe the way you think about debt. I’m sharing how so many people, myself included, miss the opportunity to grow wealth in favor of paying off debt quickly, and how to get clear on the thoughts that contribute to our limiting beliefs around money.
If you’re ready to take control of your money and practice medicine on your terms, you need to check out Money for Women Physicians. Click here to learn more!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What debt is and why paying off your debt won’t make you feel better or richer.
- How I see so many newly qualified doctors missing the opportunity to create wealth by paying off their debts unnecessarily early.
- Where debt fits into the self-coaching model.
- Why, if I knew what I know now, I wouldn’t have rushed to pay off my student debt.
- How to get clear on your thoughts and feelings about your debt.