As women, we’re socialized throughout our lives to take care of everyone else, and then, if there’s anything left over, maybe we can take care of ourselves too. We’re conditioned to listen to the opinions of others and disregard our opinions about ourselves.
This needs to change because these beliefs we have as women are only magnified when we become mothers. This is especially true for breadwinning moms where this shows up as serious mom guilt. And it’s not only impacting how you show up as a parent, but also your bank balance.
Tune in this week to put your mom guilt into perspective and see how you can pursue your goals, earn more, and invest how you want to without it affecting how you show up as a parent. Prioritizing yourself will look different for everyone, but by the end of this episode, you’ll see exactly how you can do this work in your life.
If you're ready to take control of your money and practice medicine on your terms, you need to check out Money for Women Physicians. Click here to learn more!
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- How we’ve been socialized to think we are selfish if we’re not the perfect mother, whatever that means.
- Why indulging in mom guilt will limit your ability to create wealth.
- The thoughts that you may never have questioned that contribute to mom guilt.
- Why you actually owe it to your kids, especially if you have daughters, to prioritize yourself more.
- How to put your mom guilt into perspective and stop it from limiting your earning potential.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Learn more about Money for Women Physicians where you’ll learn the tools to create wealth.
- Follow me on Instagram
- Suze Orman