Do you believe that having a certain amount of money will make you feel safe? Today’s topic has been on my mind for a while now, but I needed some time to figure out how to talk about it in the simplest terms because this is something so many of my clients struggle with, so I’m sure many of you listening do too.
Of course, as humans, we want to feel safe. When we’re children, most of us are lucky enough to have people who keep us safe. But as adults, we need to create safety for ourselves. I see lots of people out there thinking that having a certain amount of money will bring them a feeling of safety and security. However, the truth is, safety is created by our thoughts, not our bank accounts.
Tune in this week to discover how your nervous system is interacting with your money, and how you can start processing your money-related fears in a new way. I’m sharing why so many of us associate money with safety, and how to see what you can do to unravel this conditioning, so you can build wealth from a more productive emotion than fear.
I want to invite you to come with me to Oahu, Hawaii from October 10th-13th for The Live Wealthy Retreat Experience. There are limited spots available, so click here to enroll now!
If you're ready to take control of your money and practice medicine on your terms, you need to check out Money for Women Physicians. Click here to learn more!
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- Why, as humans, we consider safety to be such an important thing.
- Where your feelings about a lack of safety and security might be coming from.
- The difference between little-t trauma and big-T Trauma.
- How to see what your fear really means, and how you can see the trauma you have that is keeping you scared around money.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Learn more about Money for Women Physicians where you'll learn the tools to make practicing medicine OPTIONAL.
- Follow me on Instagram
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk