For today’s episode, I have a very special guest: Dr. Faryal Michaud. We’ve been friends for some time, and she has a story to share that we all need to hear. This is the story of Mahsa Amini, who you might have heard of, who tragically died after being arrested by Iran’s “morality police” for wearing her head covering (hijab) incorrectly.
This story is important not just for the women of Iran, but for people all over the world. Dr. Faryal Michaud going over the details of what happened, and discussing why what’s been happening in Iran is something we need to know about, and why the people of Iran want us to have these conversations.
As women in a relatively free country, we need to understand the struggles women face in other parts of the world. Despite setbacks we’ve had in the USA, we have a level of rights and safety that many other countries don’t, so tune in for this opportunity to discuss, learn, and understand why these conversations are so important.
Learn more about Live Wealthy, an exclusive coaching program designed for successful women who want to be confident.... and be rich.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- What our job is, as coaches, in unlocking people’s potential and reduce human suffering.
- The rules that have been in place since Iran’s revolution in 1979 dictating that women cover their hair.
- What happened to Mahsa Amini when the “morality police” decided she’d broken the rules on head coverings.
- The toll that 43 years of oppression has taken on the people of Iran, both women and men.
- Why the people of Iran want the rest of the world to shine a light on injustices like this.
- Dr. Faryal Michaud’s memories of the Iran’s revolution, moving from an imperfect but progressive regime into what it is today.
- How the Iranian government largely controls the West’s perception of Iran and the Iranian people, versus the reality of what Dr. Faryal Michaud says the Iranian people think.
- Why it doesn’t matter where you are in the world, freedom is something we have to maintain and fight for all the time.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Follow me on Instagram
- Dr. Faryal Michaud: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Podcast
- Write Your Last Chapter Podcast: For Mahsa and Shervin
- 117: Roe v Wade: What the Patriarchy Doesn’t Want You to Do