Over the course of my professional life, envy is something I’ve experienced from time to time. I’m sure we all have. When we’re feeling envious, it can lead to some pretty negative thoughts; first judging the other person and how they make or spend their money, then judging ourselves. And this never leads to us feeling great about our own or anyone else’s achievements.
The good news is that envy is a perfectly natural place for your brain to go. We’re wired that way, so it’s nothing to be ashamed of. And the even better news is that having been through this process myself on numerous occasions, I have a few tips and strategies for how to recognize when you’re in this place, and what you can do to move through it in a helpful way.
Join me on the podcast this week and discover how to turn your money envy into inspiration. I’m sharing how to question your thoughts when you find yourself in this place of envy, put other people’s lives and achievements into perspective, and show yourself compassion in the process.
If you’re ready to take control of your money and practice medicine on your terms, you need to check out Money for Women Physicians. Click here to learn more!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What envy is and why it is ultimately unhelpful and disempowering.
- How to be onto yourself when you’re experiencing envy over what somebody else has achieved.
- Why judging yourself for feeling envious of someone is not serving you.
- How to turn envy into inspiration.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Learn more about Money for Women Physicians where you’ll learn the tools to make practicing medicine OPTIONAL.
- Follow me on Instagram
- 15: The Retirement Myth