Today, I have a special guest on the podcast. Amanda Trigg is a family lawyer who specializes in prenups, divorces, and custody cases, and I’ve got her on the podcast to talk about the nuances of prenups and why they’re so important.
I believe we should all have prenups. Amanda actually drafted my prenuptial agreement with my fiancé Matt, so if you aren’t married yet, or you have people in your life who you can envision getting married in the future, this episode is a great illustration of how important prenups are in taking control of your finances and your future wealth.
Tune in this week to discover everything you need to know about prenups. We’re discussing some of the most common misconceptions around prenups, why deciding on a settlement is easiest in advance, and how a prenup makes the already stressful event of a divorce that much more manageable.
Learn more about Live Wealthy, an exclusive coaching program designed for successful women who want to be confident.... and be rich.
What You'll Learn from this Episode:
- How paying off your student loans can affect your divorce settlement if you don’t have a prenup.
- Some of the general terms around prenups and what they mean.
- Why everything accumulated during a marriage that has value, both tangible and intangible, can get divided in the event of a divorce.
- How the rules around dividing assets vary from state to state.
- Why a prenup might be successfully contested and how to avoid these scenarios.
- 2 things you need to know if you believe that a prenup will take the romance out of your marriage.
- Why a prenup is an incredible wealth-management tool that could save you a fortune.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Follow me on Instagram
- Amanda Trigg: Website | LinkedIn
- 46: Why I Love Prenups
- Unf*ck Your Brain 235: Everyone Needs a Prenup and Other Money Mistakes with Dr. Bonnie Koo